You don’t have to worry about being the slowest one at this retreat! This four-day women-only retreat is ideal for those who are either new to running, returning to running after an injury or layoff, or who prefer to run short distances. All of the runs at this retreat (which are between three and six miles) employ a run-walk approach, so no matter your pace you’ll be able to go at pace that’s comfortable for you. With the support of our professional running guides, you can relax and enjoy the running without having to navigate or worry about logistics.
Even if you’ve never run trails before, you’ll soon get the hang of navigating Moab’s rock slabs, sandy dirt trails and gently rolling hills. The mindful running techniques, as demonstrated by your retreat leader, help you adapt your stride and running form to become as efficient as possible. Plus, the Wellness Workshops focus on how to use mindful running techniques to establish a consistent running practice that is sustainable and fits into your lifestyle.
Through our practical clinics, informative discussions, mindful movement and free time for quiet contemplation, you’ll develop a valuable set of tools for establishing a consistent, sustainable running practice. Join us in Moab to immerse yourself in the powerful healing energy of this vibrant desert landscape as you run scenic, challenging trails at a pace that is playful, relaxed and social. There’s no pressure to keep up with anyone else!
This Retreat is Level I
This retreat is Level I, which means:
- Daily runs/walks range from 3 miles to 6 miles on singletrack trails.
- Two guides accompany the group to support the different pace groups, so there’s no pressure to run faster than you’re comfortable.
- Trail running experience isn’t necessary. Your retreat leader provides trail-running tips for running in this terrain.
- You’ll encounter trails with loose rocks, and some exposure to heights. You can walk/hike trail sections as you need.
- Trail running shoes and a hydration pack are required.
- Learn more about how we manage run pacing here: https://runwildretreats.com/about-the-run-wild-retreat-experience/levels/
3 Nights at the Red Cliffs Lodge
Mindful Running Clinics
💮Power Posture: proper alignment to make gravity do more of the work. This reduces the muscular force involved with running so it feels easier and less strenuous on muscles and joints
💮 Focus on Efficiency: Use natural running techniques to drastically improve efficiency. You'll practice changing stride length, cadence and tempo on various types of terrain.
💮 Find the Flow: Put the pieces together to achieve the ultimate trail running experience. Learn to cultivate the circumstances for flow to occur by being relaxed and mindful.
Restorative Yoga Class for Runners
Mindful Running Kit
Enhance your Retreat Package with the Mindful Running Kit by Run Wild Retreats. The price includes shipping to your home before the retreat begins.
- 27-ounce custom-designed water bottle by Klean Kanteen features the exclusive "I Run Mindfully" graphic.
- Moab Mindful Running Retreat cotton T-shirt
- Two high-quality "I Run Mindfully" vinyl stickers
- "Run Mindfully" intention bracelet
- Book Mindful Running: How meditative running can improve performance and make you a happier, more fulfilled person by Mackenzie Havey
Shipping is FREE!
Transformational Travel Kit
The Transformational Travel Kit contains hand-selected items to support you in having a meaningful travel experience. Featuring the book, "Transformational Travel Journal: Your guide to creating a life-changing journey" by Eric Rupp, this kit also contains:
* 27-ounce stainless steel water bottle with sport cap, made by Klean Kanteen exclusively for Run Wild Retreats
* Embossed faux-leather luggage tag
*Two high-quality vinyl stickers "I Run Mindfully"
Shipping is FREE!
Pre-Retreat Night at Red Cliffs Lodge (Wed, April 6)
Post-Retreat Night at Red Cliffs Lodge (Sunday, April 10)
Moab, UT, USA
View In Maps