During the four-day, three-night Moab Mindful Running Retreat, situated in a stunning desert landscape of red rock, soaring cliffs and delicate natural arches, you’ll tune in to what drives you—in running and in life—and make sure that your energy is going into the activities that most feed your soul.
Each day’s run offers a new challenge, and therefore opportunity, to learn something new and take your running to a whole new level because it is possible to be the runner you want to be without having to train harder and push yourself to exhaustion. While it’s not necessary to have run trails before, this retreat is recommended for runners who can comfortably run 8 miles or more on the road. With the support of your retreat leader and running guides, you’ll be able run at your own pace, without needing to keep up with anyone else. You’ll stop frequently to soak up the views, snack and hydrate and savor each mindful moment.
Through our practical clinics, informative discussions, mindful movement and free time for quiet contemplation, you’ll stop the energy drains and divert your energy back into your running. Become a durable, strong, motivated runner using these tools and techniques that will keep you healthy and injury free. Immerse yourself in the powerful healing energy of this vibrant desert landscape as you run scenic, challenging trails at a pace that is playful, relaxed and social.
This Retreat is Level II
This retreat is rated Level II, which means we recommend you have a base fitness level that allows you to run up to 8 miles at a time on roads. It doesn’t matter how fast or slow you run–really!
- Daily runs at this retreat range from 5 miles to 9 miles on singletrack trails.
- Two guides accompany the group to support the different pace groups, so there’s no pressure to run faster than you’re comfortable.
- Trail running experience isn’t necessary, but if you're new to trails, be prepared to be challenged!
- You’ll encounter trails with loose rocks, and some exposure to heights. You can walk/hike trail sections as you need.
- The trail surfaces are a mix of loose sand, sandstone rock and dirt trail. None of the trails are truly flat--you have to focus on your footing, which is why we stop often to take photos and soak up the views.
- Trail running shoes and a hydration pack that can carry at least 1 L of water are required.
Learn more about how we manage run pacing here: https://runwildretreats.com/about-the-run-wild-retreat-experience/levels/
Three Nights at the Red Cliffs Lodge
Mindful Running Clinics
💮Power Posture: proper alignment to make gravity do more of the work. This reduces the muscular force involved with running so it feels easier and less strenuous on muscles and joints
💮 Focus on Efficiency: Use natural running techniques to drastically improve efficiency. You'll practice changing stride length, cadence and tempo on various types of terrain.
💮 Find the Flow: Put the pieces together to achieve the ultimate trail running experience. Learn to cultivate the circumstances for flow to occur by being relaxed and mindful.
Transformational Travel Journal
Begin your mindful travel experience before leaving home with the Transformational Travel Journal
This unique journal was thoughtfully written, based on the rigorous multi-disciplinary study by our friends at the Transformational Travel Council. Based on ancient wisdom, mythology, and contemporary science, it is more than a journal, it is an insightful guide to exploring the world, and your own backyard, more mindfully.
We invite you to begin dreaming and designing for your next journey today, from the inside out, learn to Travel with H.E.A.R.T., and Follow the P.A.T.H. Whether it is for you or an intrepid friend, this wise investment in travel will not only be life-affirming for the traveler but life-enhancing for others, and our civilization.
This journal guides into a deeper connection with yourself, with others, and the world around you. It also encourages time and space to reflect and make meaning of the experiences you have, and thereby, fostering a more intentional, virtuous, and heart-centric life while contributing to a more ethical, empathetic, equitable, and ecological world.
Transformational Travel is inherently about leaving our comfort zone and returning with new perspectives. It is a catalyst for growth, change, and positive impact. Price includes shipping. (A surcharge may apply to international orders.). We ship your journal to you once it is paid for.
Mindful Running Kit
Enhance your Retreat Package with the Mindful Running Kit by Run Wild Retreats. The price includes shipping to your home before the retreat begins.
- 27-ounce custom-designed water bottle by Klean Kanteen features the exclusive "I Run Mindfully" graphic.
- Moab Mindful Running Retreat cotton T-shirt
- Two high-quality "I Run Mindfully" vinyl stickers
- "Run Mindfully" intention bracelet
- Book Mindful Running: How meditative running can improve performance and make you a happier, more fulfilled person by Mackenzie Havey
Post-Retreat Night at Red Cliffs Lodge (Sun, Oct 31)
Pre-Retreat Night at Red Cliffs Lodge (Wed, Oct 27)
Moab, UT, USA